Kari Ayam…Chicken Curry. By Zaleha kadir Olpin. 😍.
You can have Kari Ayam…Chicken Curry. By Zaleha kadir Olpin. 😍 using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kari Ayam…Chicken Curry. By Zaleha kadir Olpin. 😍
- Prepare 2 lb (3 oz) of Chicken or Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 3 tbls of Veg oil.
- You need 1 of stslk Curry leaves stem discarded.
- It’s 3 of Medium potatoes peeled cut into quaters.
- You need 8 fl oz of /250mls Coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 100 of mls/3+1_2 fl oz Double Cream.
- Prepare 2 of Plum tomatoes cut into 1/4s.
- Prepare 1 handful of chopped Corriander leaves.
- Prepare of TEMPERING SPICES……
- Prepare 3 of Cloves.
- It’s 5 of -cm/ 2 inch length cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of Star annise.
- Prepare 4 of Cardomon pods.
- Prepare of SPICE PASTE……..
- It’s 3 of Shallots peeled.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of garlic peeled.
- It’s 7.5 of cm/3 inch knob of Ginger peeled.
- You need 2 of Candle nuts.
- You need of SPICE POWDERS……
- It’s 2 tbls of Chilli powder.
- It’s 3 tbls of Corriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Tumeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 125 of ml/4 fl oz /1/2 Cup water.
Kari Ayam…Chicken Curry. By Zaleha kadir Olpin. 😍 instructions
- Wash the chicken and pat dry cut into bite size pieces.
- Pound the ingredients for the spice paste coarsely using a pestal and mortar set aside.
- Combine the spice powders in a bowl and add the water gradually. Mixing it to a paste..
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the tempering spices and curry leaves.Cover with a lid and let the spices splutter..
- Add the spice paste and the Garlic and Ginger minced fry until fragrant and slightly dry..
- Add the spice powder paste and fry also stir quickly making sure the mixture does not burn. Turn the heat low and fry the spices for another 10 minutes adding a little water if the mixture dries up..
- Add the Chicken and potatoes and make sure you cover them with the spices. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil stirring add salt and turn the heat to low. Let it simmer for 20 minutes making sure the potatoes are softer and chicken is cooked through..
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. If its too spicy for your taste add double cream and the tomatoes also fresh corriander leaves. Simmer for a further 3 minutes before taking it off the heat..
- Serve hot with some rice or Bread..