Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 of large white potato, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of apple, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder, strength to your taste.
- You need 1200 ml of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mango chutney.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- Prepare 25 grams of sultanas.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 100 g of cooked basmati rice.
Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the chopped carrots, potato, onion, garlic and apple in it for 10 minutes until softening.
- Add the curry powder and stir in. Gradually add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the chutney, tomato puree and sultanas. Turn down to a low simmer and let cook for around 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit then puree the whole lot adding boiled water to thin the consistency if required.
- Add the cooked rice, warm through and season to taste.
- Serve with some crisp, flavoured poppadoms.
- There are many other versions of Mulligatawny that use chicken, chickpeas and vegetables including, leek, celery, sweet potato etc.