Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙. Rendang Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Rendang. Love the brown color of the curry. It looks a lot like our Indian curries, but the ingredients are different.
Gulai kambing (lit. mutton gulai) is a traditional Indonesian dish of mutton or goat meat cooked in a spicy, rich, yellowish, curry-like sauce called gulai. It is originally from West Sumatra (Padang). It can be classified as an Indonesian curry. You can have Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙 using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙
- Prepare 600 g of Mutton (is older in age) (not all butcher has this).
- Prepare of (or substitute with 800g chicken thighs off bone).
- It’s 2 of large onions sliced.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2-3 of medium tomatoes sliced.
- It’s 1 of lemon stalk, bashed at the bottom part.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of yoghurt (or 1/2 can coconut cream milk).
- Prepare 3 of green chillies, chopped finely.
- You need 1 inch of fresh ginger, cut julienned.
- You need 4 of kaffir-limes leaves, teared at the edge.
- It’s 3 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kasuri Methi powder (roasted) (sun-dried fenugreek leaves,.
- Prepare of Has a combination between celery&fennel taste bitter-bite).
- It’s 250 ml of Water.
- Prepare of Salt n grinded Black pepper.
- Prepare of To make GARAM MASALA:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Peppercorns.
- You need 4 of whole red chillies.
- It’s of Fluffy Jasmine Rice.
- You need of Garnished: Coriander leaves, to have 1 tbs chopped.
- You need 4 of big pink potatoes,cut in a big cube.Steam18'.Fry, top spices.
Lucknowi Chicken Curry – Indian Chicken Curry RecipesThe Schizo Chef. Padang-Style Chicken Curry (Gulai Ayam)Saveur. (Achari Chicken Curry, Spicy Pickled Chicken Curry, Chicken in Pickling Spices, Achari Murg)Simple Indian Recipes. South Indian chicken curry is a great dish for entertaining and can be part of a lavish menu. It goes well with basmati rice and a vegetable.
Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙 step by step
- Cook the Jasmine Rice in the Rice Cooker for 17'. Peel the Potatoes, chop roughly into quarter into one eight. Steam in double pan for 18'. Remove, sprinkle on top mixture of 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp thyme, a pinch of cayenne pepper. Mix, then add 1 tbs olive oil. Rub all over the potatoes..
- Pan dry roast the Masala ingredients on low heat for 3' till the items are roasted and release flavour. Take it out on a plate, let it cool. Set aside. In the same saucepan add 2 tbs oil, heat add the potatoes and fry until change into golden brown. Remove onto a serving dish, set aside.
- Transfer the roasted spices into a blender and grind it into a powder. This should give around 6 tbs which is sufficient for 600g Mutton or Chicken. Clean and wash the meat pieces, pat dry…
- Slice the onions and tomatoes, whisk the yoghurt. Heat oil in a wok add the onions, stir fry for 1' on medium high. Add the meat pieces, mix well and stir for 1' on medium high. Add the ginger,garlic paste,lemon grass stalk,kaffir-lime leaves, and 1' later add the chopped tomatoes,mix well and fry for 2'.Add the roasted Kasuri methi, salt and grinded black pepper.Now reduce the heat to low and cover & cook on low heat for 15' till the onions are softened. Open the lid and give a stir in between..
- Now add 250ml water,give a mix,cover &cook on low heat for around 40' till the meat pieces are tender.Then lower the heat and add the yoghurt (or the coconut cream milk).Mix it well&cook on low heat for around 4'-5' till it is cooked&oil separates.Add water if required.When the meat is tender then turn off the heat, remove and transfer onto a serving bowl.Take off the lemon grass stalk&the kaffir-lime leaves.Garnish on top with coriander herbs.😍To serve with a fluffy steam rice & fried potatoes.
A southern Indian style dish inevitably conjures up thoughts of the tangy tastes of kokum and tamarind, tempered by the creamy smoothness of coconut cream. Find Gulai Kambing Traditional Javanese Mutton Curry stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. We got satisfaction a few weeks later with this chicken curry recipe published in a Saveur article by my friend Christopher Tan. He obtained the recipe from a West Sumatran Padang-style rice plate restaurant in Jakarta. I looked at his recipe and figured it was very similar to what we had in Penang.