Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani).
You can cook Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)
- It’s of To Marinate the Chicken:.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of corriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of To make the base sauce:.
- Prepare 3 of Onions.
- It’s 15-20 of Cashews Nuts.
- You need 2 of Dried Chillies.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Dry Spices(3 cloves, 1 star anise, 1/2 Cinnamon stick, 1 big elachi).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (optional).
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- It’s 30-40 ml of double cream.
Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil,turmeric, garam masala, cumin powder,coriander powder, chilli powder, ginger& garlic paste. Add chicken and toss until fully coated. Let marinate for 1-2 hours. (preferable overnight).
- In a large pot over the medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Working in batches, add chicken and cook until golden all over, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate..
- Reduce heat to medium and melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add the dry chillies, Cashew nuts and diced onions.Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add 300ml water and cook until fragrant..
- Once the onions cooked and water start to boil, take it off the heat. Drain all the water and blitz the onions and cashews nuts. Do not throw the water away. Keep it aside..
- Heat up some butter.Add the dry spices (as listed above in the ingredients list), cumin powder, coriander and red chilli powder. Cook until fragrant. Add the onions and cashew purée and tomato purée into the dry spices. Stir it and return chicken to sauce with same water that cooked onions and cashews nuts. Add salt n 1/2tsp sugar. Let simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes..
- Stir in double cream and remaining 2 tablespoons butter..
- Garnish with coriander and serve warm over rice with naan or Roti..