Veggie Nime Chow. Nime Chow are fresh Cambodian spring rolls stuffed with bright veggies, and wrapped in delicate rice paper. Nime Chow is a personal favorite dish that I order regularly at local Asian restaurants. This is Hands Down The BEST Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe with a crazy good simple asian sauce.
This veggie chow mein is quick, easy and (most importantly) delicious! Veg chow mein is basically stir fried noodles with lots of veggies. Smooth velvety noodles with crunch from the veggies. You can cook Veggie Nime Chow using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Nime Chow
- Prepare 2 of Brown rice spring roll wrapper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Leefy green such as Spinach.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Broccoli slaw.
- You need 1/4 cup of Bean sprouts.
- It’s 1/4 medium of Avocado, sliced thin and long.
- Prepare 1 of Mini seedless cucumbers, sliced into thin triangular tubes about 2-3 inches in length.
- It’s 2 cup of Water, warm.
To include proteins in this vegetarian recipe, I have added mushrooms. These Cambodian spring rolls—nime chow—are prepared and served fresh rather than deep-fried like other spring roll recipes. This noodle dish combines the crunch of fresh veggies with the flavors of onion, garlic, and soy sauce to create a delicious and easy stir fry. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
Veggie Nime Chow step by step
- In a shallow but wide brimmed bowl pour warm water. Submit one rice roll wrap into the water until it is a bit gooey. Make sure it isn't too soft because it's hard to work with. It softens as you put the veggies on..
- Take the wrap out of the water and carefully place on a flat and smooth dish. Lay a bed of greens in the center of the wrap..
- On top of the greens, line 1/2 of the slices of cucumber parallel to 1/2 of the broccoli slaw, avocado, and bean sprouts. Add another layer of greens on top of the veggies..
- NOTE: You should roll the wrap horizontally to the lined up veggies. (From the sides of the tubes of veggies versus the top/bottom of the tubes)..
- Once all of the veggies have been added to the wrap, roll the wrap half way. While holding onto the wrap with one hand, fold the sides of the rice wrap up and towards the center of the vegetables (these sides are on the top and bottom of the tubes).
- Continue to roll horizontally, including the sides within the roll..
- Repeat the process for the second rice wrap. Let wraps dry for a minute, cut in half (optional) and enjoy with peanut sauce..
- Here's a peanut sauce recipe to go with this dish. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361351-bonnies-natural-nime-chow-peanut-sauce.
- Here's a tangy peanut sauce recipe https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359853-ls-tangy-natural-nime-chow-peanut-sauce.
This dish puts a contemporary spin on an old favorite. Presenting, a Chinese classic sure to be a family favorite, roasted vegetables and pan fried with noodles in a flavor packed sauce. Nime chow is a Cambodian spring roll dish, notable for not being fried like other spring roll recipes. Chili Tofu, Veggie Chow Mein, and Szechuan Broccoli with Mushrooms. Where she went, there were no soba noodles available or the proper kind of noodles for chow mein.