Creamy chicken salad/slaw. Chicken salad made with whipping cream and smoked almonds. Wonderful chicken salad – nice and creamy! Plus it's a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken.
Even though it's a simple recipe with easy-to-find ingredients, there's still something fancy about it. This recipe has been in my family for quite some time. The only real change I've made is to substitute plain yogurt for. You can cook Creamy chicken salad/slaw using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken salad/slaw
- You need 1 cup of grilled chicken, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lettuce, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of Apple, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of dill pickle/gerkin, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1 tbs of mayo.
- You need 1 tsp of mild mustard.
- It’s 2 tbs of low fat yogurt.
- You need 1 tbs of salad cream.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of See note, for additional extras/alternatives..
Very popular Creamy Chicken Salad Recipe. Additional variations keep it interesting and versatile. How to Make Creamy Greek Chicken Salad in a Jar. I think every salad needs a crunchy element and pita chips are the perfect addition to this Creamy Greek Chicken Salad in a Jar.
Creamy chicken salad/slaw instructions
- Mix everything together, and serve! Serve with fresh bread, in a sandwich or wrap, with a jacket potato, or eat straight out of the bowl, like I did! :P.
- Note: totally adjust this recipe to your liking. You could use instead of or as well as; celery, onions, grated carrots, radish, raisins, nuts, seeds, more mayo, jalapenos, different salad dressings, honey….. Pimp it up in whatever way you like!.
Delicious & creamy chicken salad recipe packed with nuts + cranberries mixed in a zesty blend of yogurt, mayo & dill. This Creamy Dill Chicken Salad is crunchy, cool, and SO refreshing! It also makes THE BEST chicken salad sandwiches, especially on whole wheat. Curried Chickpea Salad – Full of flavor and texture, this vegan curry chickpea 'chicken' salad is quick and easy to make, and perfect for a I love my creamy chickpea salads! They are so addicting that I can literally sit and eat the whole bowl within a day.