Creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom pie 🥧. My chicken and mushroom pie is proper comfort food. Encased in puff pastry, and made extra special with bacon, it's a family favourite. The filling is a lovely creamy chicken and mushroom filling with bacon.
Stir in the chopped parsley and pour the sauce over the chicken and mushroom mixture. Mix well, then spoon into a pie dish and leave until completely cool. Whip up this hearty chicken, bacon and mushroom plate pie, complete with homemade shortcrust pastry. You can cook Creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom pie 🥧 using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom pie 🥧
- It’s 3 of cooked chicken breasts (cut into chunks).
- You need 100 g of bacon lardons.
- It’s 200 g of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 tin of condensed mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 25 ml of white wine.
- You need of Ready rolled shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare of Ready rolled puff pastry.
- You need 1 of egg (beaten).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic (minced).
The filling for this pie brings chicken, bacon, mushrooms and a rich creamy, buttery sauce together to make one hearty filling. Glaze your pie in egg wash for a golden finish. Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon Is Packed Full Of Flavour For An Easy, Weeknight Dinner The Whole Family Will Love! Cook this as per Nigella's instructions.
Creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom pie 🥧 step by step
- Preheat oven to 190c. Line a pie dish with the shortcrust pastry fill with baking beans and blind bake for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile in a large pan, heat a little oil and gently fry mushrooms, onion, garlic and bacon.
- Once they are softened add white wine, mixed herbs and salt cook for 4- 5 minutes until wine has reduced. And condensed soup and 1/2 pint of cold water bring to the boil. Then stir in chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Put filling into pie dish and top with puff pastry, seal around the edges with egg. Cut 2 slits in the top of the pie and brush the whole top with egg wash. bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes..
Home » Recipes » Chicken Recipes » Creamy bacon and mushroom chicken breasts. The creamy bacon and mushroom sauce scented with fresh thyme, lemon and black pepper was absolutely delectable and the juicy chicken breasts completed the meal. Creamy Chicken with Bacon & Mushrooms. Mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup together and put over chicken breasts and mushrooms. Home » Chicken & Poultry » Creamy Balsamic Chicken Bacon Mushroom Pasta Recipe.