Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. In this Vietnamese Chicken Pho (Pho Ga) recipe, you'll learn how to make a home-cooked, authentic Vietnamese chicken noodle soup. Those two extra steps for cleaning chicken is not absolutely necessary, but it will give you the cleanest, best tasting Chicken Pho soup you'll ever have. Phở Gà, or chicken pho is the Vietnamese version of Chicken Noodle Soup.
Quick weeknight chicken pho from expert Andrea Nguyen! A few years ago, I'd never even heard of pho, let alone tasted it. Now, giant bowls of this traditional Vietnamese noodle soup are a regular meal in our house. You can cook Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup using 27 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need of Meat.
- You need 500 g of Chicken Thigh (On the Bone).
- You need of Chicken Breast Boneless (Optional).
- It’s of Broth.
- You need 1 of Knotted Chicken Stock Pod.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Water.
- It’s 5 of TBPS Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of TPS Sugar.
- You need 2 of TBPS Salt.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 Inches of Ginger.
- You need 2 Bunches of Spring Onions.
- Prepare 3 Pods of Star Anise.
- You need 3 of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 of TBPS Black Pepper Corn.
- You need 2 of TBPS Coriander Seeds.
- You need 1 Handful of Coriander.
- You need of Noodles.
- It’s 1 Packet of Pho Rice Noodles.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare 3-4 of Thai Basil.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- You need of Bean Sprouts.
- It’s of Coriander.
- You need of Spring Onions.
- Prepare of Mint.
- It’s of Birds Eye Chilli.
Make our comforting bowlful of chicken noodle soup with warming Vietnamese spices. This easy 'pho ga' recipe makes an ideal low-fat supper for a crowd. "Pho Ga" simply means chicken rice noodle soup. A bowl of pho ga consists of soft slippery pho noodles, sliced or shredded chicken meat and How to Cook Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. I have been playing around with this recipe for months, making it every week and experimenting with.
Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Soak in hot water for 20 – 25 mins until soft.
- Drain and soak in cold water after.
- Cook soaked noodles in a separate pot for 1 – 2 minutes once the broth is ready.
- Roast or Char whole onion over an open fire on a stove & set aside.
- Slice and smash 2 inches of ginger.
- Cut 2 bunches of green onions in half and smash the ends..
- Pan toast star anise, cloves, black peppercorns & coriander seed till it’s fragrant..
- Add cut ginger, spring onions & coriander into the pan to fry..
- Put all toasted ingredients into a soup bag and place them into a soup pot..
- Add water, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar, salt..
- Once boiling, add chicken in for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the broth after 10 – 15 mins. Shred meat off and set meat aside..
- Put bones & spare parts back into the pot to continue simmer for better broth.
- Taste as it goes, feel free to add more fish sauce or salt for more taste..
- Put bean sprouts at the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Put cooked noodles on top of the bean sprouts.
- Lay meat on top.
- Add broth in.
- Lay spring onions, Thai basil, mint & coriander on top.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime.
- On a separate condiment saucer, dice chilli up and add fish sauce.
Pho is a delicious and hearty Vietnamese soup that consists of broth, rice noodles, herbs, and meat. It is very popular in Vietnam on the street or in restaurants alike. This delicious pho soup is usually made with beef, but sometimes it calls for chicken. My recipe uses chicken, making it Pho Ga. Vietnamese Chicken Pho soup – the little sister of famous Beef Pho, equally delicious but much easier to I call it the Vietnamese version of homemade chicken noodle soup made from scratch.