You can cook Spaghetti Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Carbonara
- It’s 200-250 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 180 g of bacon medallions/rashers, chopped. I prefer unsmoked but smoked is fine if preferred.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 5 tbsp of half-fat crème fraîche.
- You need 20 g of Parmesan cheese.
Spaghetti Carbonara step by step
- Bring salted water to boil ready for the spaghetti. Time cooking to reach al dente and be drained ready for Step 5. Fresh spaghetti will take 3 minutes, dried spaghetti about 8-10 minutes but follow the packet’s instructions. Please note that the pasta must be immediately added to the onions and bacon and not allowed to cool. This is to ensure that the eggs, which are added immediately after the spaghetti, are cooked properly..
- Beat the eggs, add the Parmesan cheese and crème fraîche and beat with a fork until well-mixed and forming a creamy sauce. Do this before starting the pasta if using fresh spaghetti..
- Gently fry the onions and bacon in the oil until soft (about 6 or 7 minutes). Stir gently if needed to avoid sticking..
- Take out and reserve a cup of the pasta water, then drain the spaghetti in a colander..
- Add the spaghetti to the onions and bacon, then immediately add the egg sauce. Stir thoroughly to ensure that the egg mixture gets cooked along with the rest. If the sauce is quite dry and needs loosening, stir in a small amount of the pasta water. Once the egg is cooked, serve immediately. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top of the served portions if wished..