Spicy Chicken Curry.
You can cook Spicy Chicken Curry using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Chicken Curry
- You need For of Marination:.
- You need 500 g of chicken cut into pieces.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh curd.
- It’s For of Other Ingredients:.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- You need 2 of potatoes peeled & halved (optional).
- You need 2 of onions chopped.
- You need 3 of green chillies slit.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of poppy seeds.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1/2 inch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 6 of pepper corns.
- You need 6 of kashmiri chillies.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated coconut.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
Spicy Chicken Curry instructions
- Wash chicken pieces well and marinate with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, mustard oil and curd. Set aside for one hour..
- Heat a pan. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 2 tsp poppy seeds, 3 cloves, 1/2 inch cinnamon, 6 pepper corns, 6 kashmiri chillies and roast for 2 minutes on low heat. Remove and cool..
- Transfer the roasted spices to a grinder. Add grated coconut and grind coarsely. Add little water and again grind to a paste. Keep it aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same pan heat remaining oil. Add bay leaves, green chillies and then chopped onions. Fry for 3-4 minutes on medium heat till onions turn translucent..
- Add spice paste made earlier. Saute for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add salt to taste and saute for 5 minutes on low heat..
- Add marinated chicken together with potatoes and mix it up with the masala properly. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes on low medium heat till oil separates. Stir in between..
- Add 200 ml water (preferably hot water) and stir once. Cook covered for about 20 minutes on medium heat till chicken is tender..
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the flame, remove to a serving bowl and serve hot..
- This goes well with steamed rice or chapati..