Easy Kerala Chicken Curry.
You can cook Easy Kerala Chicken Curry using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Kerala Chicken Curry
- You need 350 gms of chicken.
- It’s 2 of large finely sliced onions.
- You need 3 of large finely sliced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of big pc ginger.
- You need 8-10 cloves of big garlic.
- Prepare 5-6 of shallots/pearl onions.
- Prepare 4-5 of slit green chillies.
- It’s as required of Mix of whole garam masala.
- Prepare 3 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 3 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Coriander leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 1 handful of curry leaves.
Easy Kerala Chicken Curry step by step
- Take a pressure cooker. Pour oil. Once the oil is heated, add the whole garam masala like cloves 3, cinnamon 1 small pc, 1 tsp fennel (saunf), 2 elaichi, 5-6 whole peppercorns and a small pc of bay leaf.
- Add onions and fry till translucent..
- Add ginger, garlic and shallots crushed and fry till onions starts becoming golden..
- Add tomatoes and green chillies and fry well..
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and cook on low flame till oil starts coming on top..
- Add chicken and curry leaves and mix well. Keep the flame on low and keep stirring 5-6 minutes..
- Pour required amount of water and close and pressure cook for 1 whistle..
- Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker and garnish with coriander leaves. Adjust salt. Close and leave it to rest for 15-20 minutes..
- Enjoy with your favourite roti or rice!!.