Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan). These rich, creamy, and earthy Coconut Curry Lentils are an easy and delicious vegan option for dinner or weekly meal prep! I've been trying to brain storm up some easy plant-based meals lately, and this week's creation was these Creamy Coconut Curried Lentils with Spinach, which are kind of. I keep the lentil spinach curry fairly light, tangy and low in fat because I wanted to serve it with a side of coconut rice.
The red lentils provide a sturdy base that is complemented by the tender baby carrots and spinach. Once carrots and lentils are soft, add in spinach. Once frozen spinach is heated (or fresh spinach is wilted) turn off heat and serve. You can cook Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan)
- Prepare of Coconut oil for frying (or olive oil, but recommend coconut oil).
- Prepare of Large red onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, diced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Crushed garlic (not fresh).
- Prepare 2 cm of ginger, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, seeded and diced.
- You need 1 of green chilli, seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 tin of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tin of red lentils.
- It’s to taste of coriander leafs, chopped, added.
- Prepare 1 of big bag of baby spinach.
Instant Pot Coconut Spinach Lentil Curry – A scrumptious Vegan meal with lots of fiber and nutrients from both the lentils and spinach. Watch the lentils don't stick by stirring frequently and/or Once the lentils are cooked they will break down quite a bit and you'll have a reasonably thick dahl like consistency. Stir in the cashews and spinach. This coconut lentil curry recipe is ridiculously simple to make.
Coconut, lentil and spinach curry (Vegan) instructions
- Heat the coconut oil, fry the onions until soft and little gold (5 – 8mins).
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin, garam masala and crushed coriander. Cook until very fragrant (2-4mins).
- add the tomatoes, scraping up any brown bits that form on the pan. cook stirring occatinally until the liquid has reduced and the tomato chunks have softened (5-8mins).
- Add coconut milk and mix well (can add half a cup of water if it's too dry for your taste) Bring to boil over high heat..
- bring down temp, Add lentils and cook until tender (25-35mins)stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils from sticking to the pan. Add coriander leafs to taste..
- Add baby spinach and fold into the curry. Cook until wilted (+-3mins).
Five bucks says you're going to look at the recipe and think, "No way THIS recipe could be one of the BEST This easy to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is a healthy vegan recipe that makes a perfect Meatless Monday dinner recipe. Keyword vegan sweet potato curry, chickpea curry, coconut curry. I've made this recipe twice already and it's quickly becoming a vegetarian favorite in our house! First time i used frozen whole spinach leaves and second time used regular fresh spinach, not baby spinach. This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup is fragrant with just the right amount of spice.