Curry chicken in rendang way. Rendang chicken curry gets its intense flavor from how the curry infuses with the meat. It is one of the most popular Indonesian dishes. One of the more popular Indonesian dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is rendang chicken or beef curry.
Chicken Rendang – amazing Malaysian-Indonesian chicken stew with spices and coconut milk. The way I understand the rendang dishes which need to be soft and fluffy, in the chicken version…I would skip using pieces with skin!…The truth is Eating soft skin it's not appetizing… do you. Rendang is a Malaysian meat dish that's slow-cooked in coconut milk. You can cook Curry chicken in rendang way using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Curry chicken in rendang way
- It’s 1 kg of chicken drumsticks (chop to half).
- You need 500 gm of potatoes (slice into half).
- You need 1 dl of water.
- Prepare of Curry paste ingredients.
- It’s 200 gm of curry chicken powder.
- Prepare 100 gm of curry masala powder.
- You need 1 dl of chili paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mixed spices (7 spices).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- It’s 6 pcs of lemon leaf.
- It’s 2 stalks of lemon grass (fine chopped).
- Prepare 3 of red onions (minced).
- You need 3 Cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste (belacan).
- You need 1 dl of coconut flakes.
- You need 6 cloves of star arnise.
- You need 1 stalk of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 dl of water.
Add the chicken, turn to coat. This rich and flavourful chicken rendang is simple yet delicious. Beef or mutton may be used instead, according to your preference. The time taken to cook rendang is much longer than cooking curries as it thrives when cooked slowly.
Curry chicken in rendang way step by step
- Mixed all the curry paste ingredients into a bowl. Stir until all is combine..
- Add cooking oil in big pot. Pour in the potatoes, cook for around 5min then pour in 1 dl water. Stir well l, continue to cook the potatoes until the water reduce..
- After that pour in the drumsticks. Stir together with the potatoes. Continue stir well around 10min in medium heat..
- Finally last step, add in the curry paste. Stir well together and continue to cook for 15min in medium heat. After 15min then lower the heat to lower heat. Let it slow cook for 30min (stir once a while, to avoid get burn on the pot).
This rendang recipe has been shared by a Malay neighbour of mine. Be the first to review this recipe. Add chicken pieces and stir well. Continue stirring occasionally as you bring the curry to a boil. The same recipe for the chicken rendang can be used to prepare beef, pork, eggs, and even young jackfruit.