Lentil and spinach soup – vegetarian. This simple vegetarian and vegan lentil soup recipe calls for lots of healthy vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, celery, and spinach, so it really is a balanced vegetarian meal in itself. Add a quick side green salad and maybe some homemade dinner rolls, and you've got yourself a complete meal. This easy soup is based on ashe reshteh, an Iranian dish that's usually eaten at the Persian New Year for good luck.
PIN Vegan Lentil Soup to try it later! In Utah we're having a burst of spring-like weather lately. Not that I would ever complain about spring coming early, but all winter I've been Here's how the soup looked once the lentils were done. You can have Lentil and spinach soup – vegetarian using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil and spinach soup – vegetarian
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of red onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 of carrot, chopped.
- You need 1-2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tsps ground cumin.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green lentils.
- You need 1 litre of veggie or vegan stock.
- You need 2 cups of spinach.
- You need of Feta to serve.
While the lentils cook, wash the spinach if needed and finely chop. Stir in lentils, salt and pepper to taste. Serve! (or place in plastic containers. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
Lentil and spinach soup – vegetarian step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion, garlic, carrot and celery for about 15 mins til softened..
- Add the cumin, chilli flakes, lentils and stock. Bring to boil then simmer for 30-ish mins..
- Add the spinach and stir through til just wilted..
- Ladle into bowls and crumble some feta or veggie cheese on top. A squeeze of lemon is nice too. Enjoy 😋.
This vegetarian healthy soup is cheap, easy and fast weeknight dinner or all weekend lunch + dinner (make once. Easy, healthy Lentil Spinach Soup spiked with flavorful cumin and smoked paprika! A nutrient-dense plant-based meal and freezer-friendly. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free). I have an insatiable appetite for soup year-round (even in the summer!) but of course my cravings kick into even higher gear in the. Stir in the spinach and continue to cook until just wilted – about a minute.