Chicken and Butternut Squash Curry.
You can have Chicken and Butternut Squash Curry using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Butternut Squash Curry
- You need 2 medium of chicken breast or 3 chicken thighs boneless, skinless and diced.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of butternut squash peeled, deseeded and diced into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 1 of Apple peeled, cored and diced into 1 inch cubes.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Curry powder.
- You need 2 handfuls of spinach.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tin (400 ml) of tin tomatoes blended.
- You need 200 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 40 grams of sultanas (optional but definitely tasty).
Chicken and Butternut Squash Curry step by step
- Finely dice onion and fry in a little oil until clear. add curry powder and mix in.
- Add chicken and mix until the chicken is nearly cooked. add butternut squash and apple.
- Crush garlic and add to the pot. add the tomatoes, spinich and stock (and sultanas if using).
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. cover and stir every 10 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.
- Boil up some rice to serve. my favourite toppings on a curry are sliced boiled egg, sliced banana, salted peanuts and mango chutney.
- If its too hot, stir in some coconut milk or a tablespoon of cream cheese or natural yoghurt.