Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly. The katsu is at the very basis is chicken cutlet completely covered in flower flour (dust off. My easy katsu curry recipe including how to make Japanese katsu curry sauce from scratch. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe.
JOC always prefers adding katsu on top. He just loves the crunchy texture of katsu mixed with the flavorful curry sauce You can literally make your protein choice with different options! Not a big fan of pork or chicken? You can cook Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly
- It’s of Chicken kutsu curry recipe.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of plain flour.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of curry powder.
- It’s 600 ml of chicken stock or water.
- It’s 2 tsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of grated red apple.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 1-2 of potato peeled and chunky cut.
- You need 1 of onion chunky choped.
- You need of Chicken in bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of chicken breasts.
- You need of Panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of Delicious plain flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Cooking Oil to cook.
You can also enjoy Katsu Curry with shrimp or. Recently restaurant chain Wagamama launched an online tutorial to show us all how to make their famous katsu chicken curry recipe from home. A chicken katsu curry is a Japanese staple and mine features a perfectly fried crispy chicken breast and a fab homemade curry sauce. Chicken Katsu curry is considered to be a national dish in Japan, it features a crisp fried chicken cutlet and a wonderful curry sauce.
Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly instructions
- Put oil in medium heat saucepan then add onion in.
- Add all the ingredients in (apart from stock and potatoes) and stir well.
- Add potato and stock in stir well and leave it simmer for about 15-20 mins.
- Making chicken crumbs by prepare 2 trays- one with flour, salt and peper. Then cut chicken breast in half (vertical way) then dip chicken in the flour.
- Transfer chicken in to egg tray and make sure chicken all covered in egg.
- Dip chicken back to bread crumbs until all covered.
- Medium heat pan or saucepan with enough cooking oil to fry and cover the chicken.
- Fry chicken one by one. Once one side cook through turn over..
- Transfer to paper towels to get rid of access oil.
- Serve with curry and rice.
Chicken katsu curry is so simple to make at home. We've balanced this recipe's rich sauce and chicken with a fresh and zingy vegetable salad. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. This restaurant favourite is so simple to make. Juicy, crispy fried chicken thighs sliced and served with homemade Japanese curry, this Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe is on the table in under an hour and incredibly delicious!