Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan. This vegan butternut squash curry is the perfect weeknight dinner for the winter. Add the coconut oil, and then add the onions. The spinach should start wilting in about a minute.
Butternut squash curry is what I'm currently craving. This nourishing vegan curry is sure to become a regular on your dinner rotation. Easy Coconut Chickpea Curry with Butternut Squash and Spinach. posted by Marina Delio You can cook Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground star anise.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Generous pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 stick of lemongrass, bruised.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 cm of pieces ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 can of coconut milk – light.
- You need 200 ml of vegetarian or vegan stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of squash, peeled and chopped into 2 cm chunks.
- It’s of Couple of handfuls of spinach.
- Prepare of Some coriander leaves to garnish.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
This quick and easy chickpea curry is packed with flavor and nourishing ingredients like spinach. Kuri squash is simmered with coconut milk, tamari, and ginger to make this fragrant vegan curry ready in just over an hour. This coconut squash curry is a favorite of mine, especially among my vegan friends. It's great to serve over a bed of spinach or with rice.
Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan step by step
- Preheat the oil in a pan..
- Add the cumin and fennel. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add the other spices and cook for about 1 minute..
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion. And the grated creamed coconut if using. Sauté for 5-10 mins..
- Add the squash. Sauté for about 1 minute. Add the stock and coconut milk. Season. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 25 mins..
- Stir the spinach through so the leaves start to wilt..
- Garnish with some coriander leaves. Serve with brown rice and enjoy 😋.
Creamy, sweet Butternut Squash Curry served over piles of steaming rice. And this Butternut Squash Curry delivers on all fronts. It's quick, it's easy, you don't need anything fancy, it's Super easy curry sauce that's creamy (thank you coconut milk) and sweet (thank you butternut squash). An easy and delicious lentil spinach curry, packed with fresh spinach, fragrant spices, and lentils. Serve with coconut rice for an amazing vegan meal!