Slow Cooker Beef Stew.
You can cook Slow Cooker Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 3 sticks of celery chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots oblique cut.
- You need 3 of tblsp thyme.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp tomato paste.
- You need 3 of tblsp Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 600 g of beef (brisket and short rib) cut.
- Prepare 2 cups of mushrooms cut in half.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 of red pepper chunky chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of yellow pepper chunky chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers chunky chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew instructions
- On medium heat, fry onions, celery and garlic for 2 minutes. Add carrots and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add thyme and bay leaves and stir..
- Add tomatoes paste and Worcester sauce and stir. Add beef stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Tip into the slow cooker..
- Clean pan and brown the beef in small batches and tip into the the slow cooker..
- In same pan add water and smoothly scrapping of the brown bits at the bottom. Add mushrooms and bring to gentle boil for 2 minutes and then tip into to slow cooker. Stir inside the slow cooker Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high. I cooked on high..
- With 1 hour left add peppers. If you want a saucy stew, dissolve 4 tsp cornflour with a splash of water and tip into the slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper and serve with desired..