Ghosty chicken katsu curry. Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet. It is the ultimate comfort dish when you have a craving for a big meal. When I make curry at home, Mr.
With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice. You can cook Ghosty chicken katsu curry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ghosty chicken katsu curry
- Prepare 1 of onion (chopped in big chunks).
- Prepare 1 of big size potato (chopped in big chucks).
- It’s 2 of carrot (chopped in big chucks).
- Prepare 1/2 of butternut squash (chopped in big chucks).
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Japanese curry paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Chicken tonkatsu.
- You need 1 pack of chicken fillets.
- Prepare 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain four.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Japanese rice – check out my recipe of how to make perfect Japanese rice.
- Prepare of Small piece of nori sheet and cut out some eyes and mouth shape.
- It’s of Sriracha sauce for ghost tear.
Gizzi's back with a really tasty Japanese curry recipe. So easy to make this mild flavoured dish will impress your friends as well. Chicken katsu curry is so simple to make at home. We've balanced this recipe's rich sauce and chicken with a fresh and zingy vegetable salad.
Ghosty chicken katsu curry instructions
- In a medium highheat saucepan, put about 1 tbsp cooking oil in, add onions, potato, butternut squashs and carrots in. Stir well.
- Add 4 small blocks of Japanese curry paste in and add some water. Mix all the ingredients together. Put in lid on, turn to low hwat and let it simmer..
- Place flour and breadcrumbs in different plate. Beat the egg in a bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour, then coated in egg then breadcrumbs..
- Heat up your pan of wok then add vegetable cooking oil until medium high heat. Add chicken in one at the time cook until one side cooked about 6-8 min then turn over and cook for another 5 min. Then take them out and place on kitchen towels to get rid of the oil. Slice them pieces of chicken up..
- Pour some curry sauce in a serving bowl. Form some sushi rice into long tear drop to make a ghosty shape. Decorate with nori sheet to make ghost eyes and mouth. You can add sriracha sauce to make ghost tear too!.
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. This restaurant favourite is so simple to make. Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. Adding chicken cutlet brings the Japanese curry up to the next level. Katsu curries served at restaurants often do not have anything in the sauce.