Apple Streusel (sheet cake). Apple Streusel Sheet Cake is so easy to make from scratch and tastes amazing! A simple but so flavorful German apple cake that's topped with the most delicious cookie-like streusel. Love apple streusel but hate the idea of making it at home?
Love apple streusel but hate the idea of making it at home? Totally understand you on that; no one wants to spend their precious free time making a dough that then needs to be rolled out to über thinness, then needs to be filled and rolled into an all-too-delicate pastry that will end up being. Apple Streusel Sheet Cake is a moist tender apple cake with a delicious apple filling and the family favorite crumb topping. You can have Apple Streusel (sheet cake) using 25 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel (sheet cake)
- It’s 85 g of almonds.
- It’s of optional: 20g croquant.
- You need of optional: 20g crumbled speculus cookies.
- Prepare of Streusel (in this order) :.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- It’s 120 g of brown sugar.
- You need dash of Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 200 g of cold vegan butter.
- Prepare of Dough :.
- Prepare 250 g of room temp vegan butter.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
- Prepare 5 of vegan eggs (a substitute for 5 eggs/5 tbsp=100ml aquafaba) OR.
- Prepare 5 of flaxseed eggs (5tsp ground flax+5tbsp hot water).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground vanilla.
- It’s 400 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 50-90 ml of nut/plant milk (1-2tbs more if using whole-wheat flour).
- You need of Prepare in advance :.
- It’s 1250 g of peeled, cored, quartered apples (the tarter the better).
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of Oven :.
- Prepare 175 of °C oven for 40 min.
- It’s 220 of °C for 5 min.
This Apple Streusel Cake is a delicious baked recipe for fall. Whether you serve it for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack, you're going to love this sweet. Apple Streusel Cake: While I'm still enjoying summer here in Pennsylvania, I realize many folks like to plan ahead or start the fall season as early. NOTE: you can make this cake with berries or any other fruit you like, in substitution of apples.
Apple Streusel (sheet cake) instructions
- Chop almonds (in tmx 5sec speed6) and set aside.
- If you chose adding optional ingredients, please mix at reverse speed3 for 2sec.
- Mix streusel ingredients (tmx 5sec speed4) until streusel form and keep cool. Without tmx, please have streusel mix look like in the photo after having prepared it manually or with a different mixer.
- For the dough cream together butter and sugar (tmx all together 60sec at speed 5).
- During 60sec mixing after 20 sec add aquafaba (or equivalent plant 'eggs').
- Add vanilla, bkg pwd, flour and milk. Mix well (tmx 20sec speed5) till thickly but still spreadable – if you have used the flax seed 'eggs' you might need up to 40ml more plant milk.
- You might want to stop and handstir a bit and check consistency. If too dry, add 1tbsp of plant milk.
- Spread dough onto lined baking sheet.
- Chop apples into small bites, sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon (tmx half of apples 5sec speed4).
- Add to top of dough.
- Cover with streusel.
- Distribute almonds on top.
- 40min into 175C oven.
- 5min at double heat at 220°C.
- Take out and let cool in baking sheet.
- Now cut into squares or your preferred shapes.
- Ready to serve.
This delicious apple cake is filled with a mixture of chopped apples and a spiced pecan and brown sugar streusel. It makes a fabulous coffee cake or Hold a baking sheet over the top of the cake and carefully invert it. Remove tube pan or bundt pan; cool completely. Move to a serving plate and ice. This quick and easy recipe for Apple Streusel Cake is baked in a brownie type pan, for square pieces (instead of wedges).