Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙.
You can have Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙 using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙
- It’s 600 g of Mutton (is older in age) (not all butcher has this).
- You need of (or substitute with 800g chicken thighs off bone).
- You need 2 of large onions sliced.
- You need 3/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2-3 of medium tomatoes sliced.
- It’s 1 of lemon stalk, bashed at the bottom part.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yoghurt (or 1/2 can coconut cream milk).
- You need 3 of green chillies, chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 inch of fresh ginger, cut julienned.
- You need 4 of kaffir-limes leaves, teared at the edge.
- It’s 3 tbs of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kasuri Methi powder (roasted) (sun-dried fenugreek leaves,.
- You need of Has a combination between celery&fennel taste bitter-bite).
- You need 250 ml of Water.
- It’s of Salt n grinded Black pepper.
- It’s of To make GARAM MASALA:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of whole red chillies.
- You need of Fluffy Jasmine Rice.
- It’s of Garnished: Coriander leaves, to have 1 tbs chopped.
- You need 4 of big pink potatoes,cut in a big cube.Steam18'.Fry, top spices.
Indian style Chicken or Mutton Curry (Gulai Kambing)😍🐤🐑🍜😙 step by step
- Cook the Jasmine Rice in the Rice Cooker for 17'. Peel the Potatoes, chop roughly into quarter into one eight. Steam in double pan for 18'. Remove, sprinkle on top mixture of 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp thyme, a pinch of cayenne pepper. Mix, then add 1 tbs olive oil. Rub all over the potatoes..
- Pan dry roast the Masala ingredients on low heat for 3' till the items are roasted and release flavour. Take it out on a plate, let it cool. Set aside. In the same saucepan add 2 tbs oil, heat add the potatoes and fry until change into golden brown. Remove onto a serving dish, set aside.
- Transfer the roasted spices into a blender and grind it into a powder. This should give around 6 tbs which is sufficient for 600g Mutton or Chicken. Clean and wash the meat pieces, pat dry…
- Slice the onions and tomatoes, whisk the yoghurt. Heat oil in a wok add the onions, stir fry for 1' on medium high. Add the meat pieces, mix well and stir for 1' on medium high. Add the ginger,garlic paste,lemon grass stalk,kaffir-lime leaves, and 1' later add the chopped tomatoes,mix well and fry for 2'.Add the roasted Kasuri methi, salt and grinded black pepper.Now reduce the heat to low and cover & cook on low heat for 15' till the onions are softened. Open the lid and give a stir in between..
- Now add 250ml water,give a mix,cover &cook on low heat for around 40' till the meat pieces are tender.Then lower the heat and add the yoghurt (or the coconut cream milk).Mix it well&cook on low heat for around 4'-5' till it is cooked&oil separates.Add water if required.When the meat is tender then turn off the heat, remove and transfer onto a serving bowl.Take off the lemon grass stalk&the kaffir-lime leaves.Garnish on top with coriander herbs.😍To serve with a fluffy steam rice & fried potatoes.