Aromatic Coriander Chicken Curry.
You can cook Aromatic Coriander Chicken Curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aromatic Coriander Chicken Curry
- You need 1 of chicken breast, cubed.
- You need 200 g of canned tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of diced tomato.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of jasmine rice.
Aromatic Coriander Chicken Curry step by step
- Gather your ingredients and dice the onion and garlic. I like to measure out the spices into bowls and cube the chicken at this point too.
- Grate your fresh ginger into a pulp. Love the smell of freshly grated ginger!.
- then fry the onion, garlic and ginger on a medium heat until they start to brown..
- When the onion has nicely browned, lower the heat and add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf and all the spices except curry powder, then add the canned tomatoes and simmer for 10 mins.
- While your sauce is simmering, pan fry your chicken with some olive oil and sprinkle on the curry powder. This spice is optional and gives a little more kick to the dish..
- When cooked through and browned, add your chicken to the tomato sauce mix and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. A minute before you're done, remove the cinnamon stick and bay leaf, and then throw in your diced fresh tomato.
- Serve over fresh jasmine rice if you have it, and sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro/coriander.