Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice. Add half of the butter, then cover the pan, place it over a high heat and bring just to the boil. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for a further minute. Add the chicken to the pan and stir well to coat it in the sauce.
Since chicken cooks in same pot and in same spices, rice absorbs a LOT of flavor. Serve the curry over basmati rice (recipe below) and garnish with fresh cilantro. Combine the rice and water in a saucepan. You can cook Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of kefir yoghurt.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper.
- It’s of For the curry pasta.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of curry.
- It’s 1 glass of water.
- Prepare of For the rice.
- Prepare 4 cups of basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare of If you want it spicier:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 2-3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cardamom seeds.
Bring the mixture to a boil then cover. Cook the rice in boiling salted water until al dente. Thaw the peas, blanch, drain and rinse with cold water. Mix with the finished cooked rice and season.
Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice step by step
- The night before, dice the chicken breasts. Season..
- In a bowl, pour the yoghurt, add a tablespoon of curry mix and mix. If you haven't got kefir youghurt, any sugarless one is valid..
- Put the chicken in a lunch box, pour the yoghurt mix on it. Store in the oven during the wole night..
- Cut the green pepper in small dices. Stir-fry in a frying pan and keep it on a plate..
- Cut the onion and poach for five minutes in a pan. Add a tablespoon of curry and mix..
- Cut the tomato and add it to the pan..
- Pour the additional spices if you want it tastier..
- Add the water and boil for ten minutes..
- Whisk the curry pasta and pour it in the pan again.
- Take the chicken and remove the yoghurt excess. Sauté in a frying pan..
- Add the chicken and the peppers to the curry pasta. Heat for 10 more minutes.
- Rinse the rice three times. Boil 1 litre of water in a small pan. Then, add the rice and simmer for 10-12 minutes..
- Skim the rice. You can have it mixed the chicken or as a side dish..
Rinse the chicken, pat dry and cut into bite-size pieces. Find recipes that suit your lifestyle with our new nutritionist-approved dietary tags. Stir in the coconut milk and ½ cup of water, scraping up any brown bits at the bottom of. To serve, Spoon ¾ cup steamed basmati rice onto each plate and top with chicken curry. Place a small handful of mung beans on top, garnish with coriander.