Chicken curry. Chicken curry is a dish originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is common in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, and Great Britain, as well as in the Caribbean. Learn how to make the best with basic pantry staples.
We have plenty of ideas, from Indian chicken curry with coconut milk to healthy chicken curry, Thai. From classic chicken tikka masala to Thai green curry, take a tour of global flavours with BBC Food's top curry recipes. Take on your takeaway and spice up suppertime with our favourite chicken jalfrezi. You can have Chicken curry using 32 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken curry
- You need of Chicken marination:.
- Prepare 500 gr of boneless chicken thigh.
- You need 4 tbsp of plain yogurt / dahi.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare of Sauce/gravy:.
- Prepare 300 gr of chopped tomatoes/cubed tomatoes/tomato concasse.
- Prepare 150 gr of chopped red shallot/onion.
- It’s 6 pcs of cardamom seed.
- Prepare 4 pcs of cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seed.
- Prepare 3 pcs of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 pcs of dried chili pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1-1,5 ltr of water/chicken stock.
- You need 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Raita:.
- You need 200 gr of plain yogurt.
- You need 50-75 gr of sliced cucumber.
- You need 50-75 gr of sliced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s pinch of pepper.
- Prepare pinch of cumin powder.
- Prepare pinch of coriander powder.
Can I make a whole chicken curry or can I use boneless chicken? This easy staple chicken curry is a fantastic recipe for family dinners. It's made with just a handful Try this fragrant Mauritian chicken curry with potatoes. It's served with a spiced tomato side dish.
Chicken curry instructions
- Marinate the chicken thigh with the yogurt, salt, turmeric, coriander and chili powder. Mix it well until the tight coated with the marination.
- Set aside and keep the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- In a pot, heat 4 tbsp cooking oil. Add the cardamom seeds, cloves, bay leaves, dried chili, cumin seeds, fennel seeds. Stir it for 2 minutes until the aroma is out..
- Add the ginger garlic paste, the turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder. Stir it a moment..
- Add chopped red shallot/onion. Stir it well an cooked it in a low medium heat for 5 minutes until shallot soft. Stir it properly to avoid onion burned..
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook them together for 30 minutes until the tomatoes very soft and oilly. Keep stirring it..
- Add the chicken thigh into the tomatoes mixture. Stir it for 1 – 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken stock/water until the chicken is covered properly..
- Cook/simmer the curry in low-medium heat until the curry is thickened and chicken thigh is well cooked. Stir it during 1 hour cooking..
- Season the curry with salt..
- Prepare raita: mixing the yogurt with the cucumber, tomatoes and season it with salt, pepper, coriander and cumin powder..
- After one hour cooking, the curry should be thicken already. If not, you may add some cornstarch. Serve it with a bowl of basmati rice and a bowl of raita..
We've put together our best Tried & Tested chicken curry recipes for a delicious feast. It doesn't get more comforting than a delicious chicken curry. We've collected our favourite here, with a flavour. Chicken Curry is a rich dish that my whole family loves! Tender chicken in a flavorful sauce This coconut curry chicken has complex flavors in an easy to make recipe.