Creamy Kale & Sausage Pasta.
You can have Creamy Kale & Sausage Pasta using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Kale & Sausage Pasta
- It’s 200 g of kale (either loose or in a bag, I used a bag from Aldi at 59p!).
- It’s 1 pack of 8 Cumberland sausages.
- Prepare 200 ml of 1/2 fat creme fraiche.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 300 g of penne pasta.
Creamy Kale & Sausage Pasta step by step
- Trim the kale & remove any thick stalks, if you are using a bag of kale check for any thicker stalks & remove. Place the kale in a large saucepan with about 200ml of water. Put on the lid & place on a low to medium heat until tender. Drain, allow to cool for 10 minutes then roughly chop. Set aside..
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water. Remove the sausages from their skins. Heat a tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the sausage meat breaking it up as you do so. Once the sausage is starting to brown add the chopped kale & cook, stirring for about 5 minutes. Add a splash of water & the creme fraiche & stir well then season with salt & pepper..
- Allow to simmer gently for about 2 minutes then drain the pasta & add to the sauce. Stir to coat the pasta then serve..