My Family’s Chicken Curry.
You can have My Family’s Chicken Curry using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Family’s Chicken Curry
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- You need 1 of large Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *grated.
- It’s 1 of small piece Ginger *grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Curry Powder.
- It’s 1 of canned Tomatoes *400g.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sugar *optional, depending on the sweetness of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 500-600 g of Chicken *cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 cup of Yoghurt *Greek style preferred.
- You need of Coriander Leaves for topping.
My Family’s Chicken Curry step by step
- Heat Oil in a wok or a deep frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Ginger until caramelised or nicely browned..
- Add Curry Powder and cook for a minute, then add the canned Tomatoes. If it lacks sweetness, add Sugar. Season with Salt and cook until colour is darkened and the sauce is thickened..
- Add Chicken and Yoghurt, and cook over higher heat until Chicken is cooked and the sauce is thickened..
- Enjoy with freshly cooked Basmati Rice and Coriander if you like it..