Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author).
You can cook Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author) using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author)
- It’s 2 cups of Flour.
- Prepare 1 TBS of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 1 cup of Almond Milk.
- It’s 1 TBS of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Baking Soda.
- It’s 3/4 TSP of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 4 TBS of Soy Vegan Butter.
Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author) step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add lemon juice to almond milk and set aside to make "buttermilk".
- Whisk dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter and combine until only small pieces remain and ut looks like sand. Do not let butter warn up.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir gently while pouring the "butter milk" in 1/4 cup at a time.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and very gently turn the dough over on itself about 6 times.
- Form into a 1-inch thick disc, handling as little as possible.
- Use a thick dough cutter or the rim of a small coffee cup and push into the dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before storing. Goes great with my vegan breakfeast gravy (coming soon).