Southern Style Poached Egg Breakfast.
You can cook Southern Style Poached Egg Breakfast using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Style Poached Egg Breakfast
- It’s 4 slice of Bacon.
- You need 1 cup of Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
- It’s 3 large of Egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of White Vingear.
- It’s 1/2 large of Red Onion.
Southern Style Poached Egg Breakfast step by step
- In large bowl mix Jiffy cornbread mix, 1 large egg,and sautéed red pepper and red onion. Add to cornbread mixture to desired greased baking pan. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 400°F until corn bread is golden brown..
- While cornbread is baking cook strips bacon, drain, and set aside..
- Bring large pot of water to a rolling boil and add 3 tablespoons of white whine vinegar. Crack 1 large egg into bowl and gently pour egg into spinning boiling water. Spinning the water helps keep the egg whites around the egg as it poaches. Carefully the remove the poached egg with a spoon. Repeat steps above for second egg..
- Plate slices of cornbread, bacon, grated cheddar cheese, and poached egg. Salt and pepper poached egg to you liking..