Portuguese Chicken Curry.
You can have Portuguese Chicken Curry using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Chicken Curry
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of lard or 2 tbsp oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and sliced.
- You need 1 of Green bell pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s To taste of dried or fresh chillies.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 6-8 of chicken pieces.
- It’s 100 ml of hot chicken stock.
- Prepare 50 ml of white wine.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 5 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 6-8 of small potatoes, peeled (optional).
Portuguese Chicken Curry step by step
- Heat the olive oil and oil or lard in a saucepan or wok..
- Add the onion, and fry until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and allow another minute of cooking..
- Add the chicken pieces, skin side down and add 2 teaspoons of Curry powder. Add the dried chilli and season with salt. Allow to fry for 3-5 minutes then stir..
- Add the carrot and green pepper and allow to fry for a further few minutes. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Add 3 more teaspoons of Curry powder, coriander powder and the coconut milk. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to simmer over a low heat for 35-40 minutes. Add the potatoes in 25 to 30 minutes before turning the heat off..
- Serve with basmati rice..