You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]. Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. Now, repeat those steps with the remaining you tiao dough. You might want two people manning the process—one to form and place the dough into the fryer and one to roll the dough around once it's in the oil.
You Tiao is a savory donut that has a beautiful golden color. Make light and airy Chinese you tiao with this easy fool-proof recipe (No ammonia is used). I show you the right techniques and the right quantities of the ingredients for success fried Chinese donuts without using the. You can have You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]
- You need 260 g (2 cups) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 10 g (2 tsp) of baking powder.
- Prepare 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) of baking soda.
- It’s 3 g (1/2 tsp) of salt.
- You need 8 g (2 tsp) of granulated white sugar.
- You need 10 ml (2 tsp) of flavorless vegetable oil/cooking oil.
- It’s 150 ml (1/2 cup) of + 2 tbsp) water.
If Chinese doughnut sticks are part of your food nostalgia too, I hope my recipe is exactly what you are looking for. For those who are new to this delectable I think you are talking about a speciality from Henan province (河南). It's called You Tiao Guan Ji Dan (油条灌鸡蛋) , literally meaning doughnut. · These Chinese Crullers, or Chinese donuts, are called Youtiao and are very popular for breakfast in this Asian country. I can understand why! · Chinese congee simply doesn't taste the same without cakwe (Chinese crullers/you tiao/油条), and you can make them easily and successfully with my.
You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] instructions
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center..
- Add oil and water into the center. Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, stir everything to combine thoroughly..
- Once the liquid is absorbed, start kneading with your hand for about 1 minute. The dough will be a little dry, but it should form a ball..
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Knead the dough for another 5 minutes. Then coat the ball of dough with cooking oil so it does not dry out. Cover again and let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or in the fridge overnight..
- If you stored it overnight, leave it out on the counter for 1-2 hours until it gets to room temperature. Then transfer it onto a lightly floured surface..
- Flour your hands and the dough if it feels sticky. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Then roll each to a long log..
- With a rolling pin, flatten each log into a rectangle of about ¼-inch thick..
- With a knife or bench scraper, cut them into ¾-inch wide strips..
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a pot or deep skillet to 400°F or 200°C..
- Place one identical dough strip over another. Lightly flour them if sticky. Then use a wooden skewer or thin chopstick to press down the middle lengthwise. With one good press, it should be to make an indentation on both sides of the dough..
- When the oil is ready, gently pull the two ends of each piece to stretch it to about 4 times its original length. Place in the oil and start turning it around with tongs or a chopstick after 3 seconds. This constant turning will allow the dough to puff easily and evenly. Fry until it is golden brown..
- Repeat with the rest and remember to cover any uncooked dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it does not dry out..
Order at You Tiao Singapore near you with foodpanda ✔ Delivery to your home or office ✔ Safe & easy payment options. Tánggāo (Chinese: 糖糕), or "sugar cake", is a sweet, fried food item similar in appearance to youtiao but shorter in length. In Cambodia, it's called chhakhvay (ឆាខ្វៃ) and often eaten with rice congee (porridge) for breakfast. · These Chinese Crullers, or Chinese donuts, are called Youtiao and are very popular for breakfast in this · Chinese congee simply doesn't taste the same without cakwe (Chinese crullers/you tiao/油条), and INTRODUCTION Regarding Asian cake of beehive or honeycomb structure, I have recipes for. asya ekmek ekmek parası bread stick breadstick kahvaltı kahvaltı etmek kahvaltı yapmak china – east asia chinese breakfast chinese cuisine chinese culture chinese food cooking oil crispy deep fried tatlı donut aş besin gıda yemek yiyecek fried side dish atıştırmak atıştırmalık çerez tayland youtiao. Buy Krispy Kreme donut and cheap coffee. This Chinese donuts looks really delicious, I do love to taste this one… Paul Wilson Aesthetics.