You can have Chicken Curry using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry
- Prepare 1 of medium roaster chicken.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil for cooking.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbs mixed powder.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbs curry powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of jeera powder.
- You need 1/4 tbs of coriander powder.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of ginger & garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of medium + 1 large onion.
- You need of Garam masala.
- You need 2 of whole bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of large cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- You need 2 of cardamom pods.
Chicken Curry instructions
- Cut Chicken into desired pieces. Wash and drain thoroughly. Cut medium potatoes into 4 slices..
- Chop onions, garlic and ginger into small pieces..
- Place oil into a pot on medium flame. Add garam masala ingredients.
- After a minute, add garlic and ginger and stir until golden brown..
- Add onions and turn flame on high heat and cook until mostly brown. Lower the heat and add lid until it becomes soft and tender.
- Add (2 pinches of) salt and pepper to taste, all the spices (listed in ingredients). At this point, put the flame high and cook for 1-2 minutes and then add few drops of water..
- Once stirred, place lid on and cook between 9-11 minutes on low heat.
- Once masala spices has turned dark, add your chicken and stir well. Cover once again until the water gets absorbed and evaporated. Cook on medium heat..
- Add cut potatoes and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes, until half soft..
- Add more water (up to 1.5 cup) and make sure it cooks well into the chicken and potatoes for 10-12 minutes..
- Once cooked and half of water has evaporated, garnish with coriander and you have finished..
- Serve with boiled rice, paratha’s or alone..