Chinese Style Chicken Curry. This is an excellent Chinese-Style chicken curry recipe. The curry is packed with aromatic flavoring from dried chilies, lemongrass, galangal, shallots. This takeout-style chicken curry uses only a handful of ingredients–many of which you probably already have in your pantry.
My mom makes one of the most delicious chicken curries and my sisters and I would eat at least two bowls of rice with some toasted bread to mop up that delicious sauce, leaving nothing but bones behind. Serve this replica of your favourite takeaway dish with fluffy rice for a wholesome family meal. A super-simple Chinese-style chicken curry that can easily be adapted to whatever protein or veggies you have available. You can cook Chinese Style Chicken Curry using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Style Chicken Curry
- It’s of For the Sauce.
- It’s 100 g of Onion, Chopped.
- You need 150 g of Courgette, Chopped.
- Prepare 200 g of Butternut Squash, Chopped.
- You need 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Grated Ginger Root.
- You need 3 tsp of Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- Prepare 750 ml of Chicken Stock.
- It’s of For the Curry.
- You need 450 g of Chicken Breast, Diced.
- It’s 1 of Onion, Chopped.
- It’s 1 of Green Pepper, Chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Frozen Peas.
For this recipe you will need a food processor or a blender. Serve the chicken curry on serving plates alongside freshly cooked rice, bread or steamed vegetables. This Chinese style chicken curry is one of my go-to meals when the craving for curry arises. I usually cook curries in my Happycall pot but it works equally as well in a thermal cooker with adjustments to the cooking time.
Chinese Style Chicken Curry step by step
- Spray a pan with frylight. Add the onion, courgette and butternut squash and fry for 2-3 mins to soften..
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute..
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, Chinese five spice, tomato puree and soy sauce and stir to coat..
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside..
- Spray frying pan with frylight, add the chicken and fry for 5 mins until lightly browned. Remove and set aside..
- Spray frying pan again with frylight, add the onion and green pepper and fry for 2 minutes..
- Add back in the chicken and thr sauce. Stir to mix and then add the frozen peas. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes, ensuring the chicken is cooked through..
- Serve with your choice of sides, this dish goes very well with a Chinese style rice or homemade chips..
This recipe is quite similar to my earlier quick and easy Chicken Potato Curry. How is Chinese Chicken curry different from Indian curry? If you are not an expert on both Chinese curry is absolutely delicious served over plain steamed rice but if you prefer noodles, who Easy recipe to follow and absolutely delicious. I always make Indian style curries but the Chinese. This Chinese-Style Chicken Curry brings my family together, reminding us of good memories!