Chicken Stew – Kerala Style. To begin making the Kerala Style Chicken Stew Recipe, wash the chicken pieces and cut them to small pieces. Heat a pressure cooker with coconut oil, add cinnamon stick, cloves, and peppercorns and let them fry for few seconds. A traditional Kerala Chicken Stew Recipe, that goes well with Appam.
In this creamy, Kerala-inspired stew, chicken is simmered with potato, carrot, and plenty of fragrant spices for a warming weeknight meal. "Enjoy your Sunday brunch with a Kerala-style chicken stew. This mildly spiced, creamy stew can be paired with appam, bread, or chapatis. Today on menu Kerala Chicken Stew. You can cook Chicken Stew – Kerala Style using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew – Kerala Style
- It’s 250-300 gm of chicken on bones, curry cut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw papaya, cubed.
- You need 1 of carrot, cubed.
- Prepare 8-10 of beans, cut.
- You need 5-6 of mushrooms, diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 2 & 1/2 cups of thin coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp. of coconut paste.
- You need 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- It’s 1-2 of star anise.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- It’s 2 of fresh green chilies, slit.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of coriander leaves.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! For a change this year we stayed at home and enjoyed the christmas eve with our friends and on christmas day I cooked Kerala traditional christmas breakfast Appam and Chicken Stew Kerala Style. Appam with Chicken Stew is one of my favorite breakfast. Chicken simmered in coconut milk with onion, ginger- garlic and pepper.
Chicken Stew – Kerala Style step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaves and star anise..
- Add ginger, garlic, onion & curry leaves. Saute till the onion is translucent..
- Add the chicken, veggies and green chilies. Give it a mix..
- Add the thin coconut milk, salt and pepper. Simmer on a low flame till everything is nicely cooked..
- Add the thick coconut milk and coconut paste. Give it a stir and bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with appam, idiyappam or just plain steamed rice..
Kerala Style Mutton Stew Fish Molly / Molee (Fish Stew – Kerala Style) Minced simple chicken curry. Kerala Chicken Stew is a very mild yet full of flavours Chicken curry which is cooked in coconut milk and with minimum spices and is traditional recipe from the state of Kerala in India. This ishtu is generally served with steamed rice, appam or hoopers. However, you can serve it with any Indian. A Kerala Style Chicken Stew, Packed with Spices, Simmered in a Creamy Coconut Milk… A Traditional Easter Dish…!!