You can have Coconut Flapjacks using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Flapjacks
- It’s 200 g of Butter.
- It’s 200 g of demerara (brown crystal) sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of golden (light corn) syrup.
- You need 275 g of porridge oats.
- Prepare 100 g of desiccated (shredded) coconut.
- You need 75 g of glace (candied) cherries,chopped.
Coconut Flapjacks step by step
- Lightly grease a 30 × 23cm/12 × 9 inch baking tray (cookie sheet)..
- Heat the butter,demerara (brown crystal) sugar and golden (light corn) syrup in a large saucepan until just melted..
- Stir in the oats,desiccated (shredded) coconut and glace' (candied) cherries and mix until evenly combined..
- Spread the mixture on to the baking tray (cookie sheet) and press down with the back of a palette knife (spatula) to make a smooth surface..
- Bake in a preheated oven,170oC/325oF/Gas Mark 3,for about 30 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray (cookie sheet) for 10 minutes..
- Cut the mixture into squares using a sharp knife..
- Carefully transfer the flapjacks to a wire rack and leave to cool completely..