Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew.
You can have Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Seasoning cube (maggi).
- You need of Cumin (optional).
- You need of Fennel (optional).
- Prepare of Parsley or coriander.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of habanero pepper.
- It’s 4-6 of big tomatoes.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew step by step
- Was the chicken pieces and place in a pot..
- Crush the fennel and cumin and add it to the chicken. Also add curry, maggi, salt, pounded fresh ginger and garlic. Cover the pot and allow to cook for an hour..
- When cooked, drain the water. (Sieve the chicken stock. Refrigerate or freeze. You can use it in other stews or for your jollof rice 😉). Keep the chicken aside and place a clean pot on fire and get the vegetables in order..
- Pour in your vegetable oil and the diced onion and garlic powder (or fresh garlic). Allow the onion to soften then pour in the chopped tomatoes. Leave on low heat for about 10 minutes to fry before adding the sliced green pepper..
- Add the chicken pieces and 2 maggi cubes. No need to put lots of seasoning because the chicken was boiled with enough. Cover the pot and leave to cook for a bit. Then add the choped parsley or coriander and a teaspoon of crayfish. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes and its ready..