Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew.
You can cook Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew
- You need 1 of whole local chicken.
- You need 15 pieces of tomatoes.
- You need 5 piece of red pepper.
- It’s 5 piece of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare 2 of small onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 of Maggi cube seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry.
- It’s 1 of ginger.
- It’s 1 of glove garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seed.
- Prepare 2 of cookspoon vegetable oil.
Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew instructions
- Clean, cut local chicken into pieces.
- Rinse and pound garlic with ginger. Rinse and chop onions set aside.
- Put the chicken into pot, add salt, 1 Maggi, half of the pound garlic and ginger with small onion and coriander seed.
- Add quantity of water, cover to boil till soft (50 minutes).
- In another pot on fire, put vegetable oil, add remaining onion, garlic and ginger (if interested) stir fry a while.
- Add the grounded tomato, pepper, and scotch bonnet (paste).
- Add in chicken, and seasoning then stir in the chicken stock.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minute.
- Traditional chicken stew is ready to serve.