Prawn, asparagus and lemon risotto. The bright, fresh flavors of asparagus and lemon permeate this creamy rice dish. Try not to rush this dish, it's worth the wait. Whipping up this deliciously authentic Prawn and Asparagus Risotto recipe is a simple treat.
The risotto is not covered while microwaving. This risotto is not covered while microwaving. Risotto is a great base for all kinds of vegetables. You can have Prawn, asparagus and lemon risotto using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn, asparagus and lemon risotto
- You need 10-15 of tiger prawns.
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion.
- Prepare 5 of asparagus.
- You need 1 of lemon (juice and zest).
- It’s 600 ml of Vegetable stock.
- It’s 200 g of arborio risotto rice.
- Prepare of Small bunch of chives.
- It’s 6 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 75 g of butter.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried chillies.
It's done when it has a loose consistency and ripples when spooned into a bowl. Risotto is one of my favorite pasta recipes. And yes, I know that risotto is a rice, but in Italian cooking it counts as a pasta course. This Prawn and Asparagus Risotto is a simple but comforting, slimming friendly meal whether you're counting calories or following Weight Watchers.
Prawn, asparagus and lemon risotto instructions
- Finely dice your onion and sweat in a pan with oil on a low flame until softened and translucent, making sure to not colour the onions..
- Add your lemon zest to the pan and cook for 1 minute..
- Add your risotto rice and stir well until it starts to crack. This will allow easy absorption when it comes adding the stock.
- Make sure your vegetable stock is hot. Add gradually to the rice, bit by bit. Each time making sure the liquid is fully incorporated before adding more..
- Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper..
- Finely slice the asparagus and chives and set aside..
- When the rice is a couple minutes off, add your prawns and asparagus and cook..
- Finish the risotto with butter and lemon juice and the chopped chives, making sure it’s at dropping consistency..
- Quarter your cherry tomatoes and serve on top with a sprinkle of dried chilli for a bit of heat..
- Serve and enjoy !!!.
Stir in lemon zest, parsley, and nutritional yeast (if using). Asparagus is my culinary harbinger of Spring, and even though it's rainy and cold in NYC right now, the combination of asparagus, peas, parsley, and lemon makes me feel like it's warmer and sunnier – but the warmth and creaminess of the risotto is just the thing for a chilly and damp day. Asparagus, saffron and lemon are naturally refreshing ways to purify your blood in Spring after a long dreary winter. Add risotto, asparagus and other ingredients to the cumin while the seeds are still aromatic, before they begin to brown. This triple-tested prawn risotto recipe is delicious served with garlic bread and sprinkles of Parmesan cheese.