Helen's Apple Crumble.
You can have Helen's Apple Crumble using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Helen's Apple Crumble
- You need 6 of large tart cooking apples (eg. Granny Smith).
- It’s 2 of lemons, zested & juiced.
- You need 100 g of butter.
- You need 150 g of plain white flour.
- You need 130 g of brown sugar.
Helen's Apple Crumble instructions
- Peel apples. Chop into quarters. Take out core. Slice apples..
- Add lemon juice and zested lemon peel. Mix well in a large bowl. Set aside..
- Cream the butter in a mixer. Sift flour into the mixer. Add brown sugar into the mixer. Mix until it turns into a dry crumbly texture (looks a bit like granola). If not enough – add in a bit of flour..
- Place the apples evenly in a dish (it fits perfectly in a 30cm diameter dish that is about 2 inches deep). Topple crumble mixture evenly. Here's a photo of the chef!.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake for 45-60 minutes until the top starts to brown. In this version, we opted for 60 minutes for maximum crunch and softened apples like sauce. Serve with ice cream!.