Vegan Oreo/Chocolate Cookies. This vegan oreo cake looks like a giant oreo cookie! Oreo cookies are baked into the chocolate cake layers and it has a vanilla center and chocolate frosting. Unlike Oreos, the cookies above can be whole-grain, with no soy, corn syrup, or artificial flavors.
SPOILER ALERT: Oreo cookies are NOT vegan. This is according to the Oreo FAQ page itself. "Oreos have milk as cross-contact and therefore are not suitable for vegans," it reads. This means small amounts of milk may have come into contact with the cookies or the equipment used to make. You can cook Vegan Oreo/Chocolate Cookies using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Oreo/Chocolate Cookies
- You need 185 g of Plain Flour.
- You need Half of Tsp Baking Powder.
- Prepare 60 ml of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 50 g of White Sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 100 g of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 50 g of Dark Chocolate.
- It’s 50 g of Oreo Cookies.
Well, you may be already be asking, "Why would I make my own Oreo cookies? I mean, aren't they already vegan?" I have to preface this blog post & recipe with a notation that, I am not trying to start a wildfire around non vegan. If Oreos are free of the milk, cream, animal fat, milk fat, and butter and other animal products expected in cookies, that would make them vegan, right… As for that last one, despite being a chocolate cookie sandwich filled with cream, turns out there are no animal products used in the production of. Oreo cookies do not contain any animal-derived ingredients and are safe to eat for vegans.
Vegan Oreo/Chocolate Cookies instructions
- Combine White and Brown Sugar and Coconut oil in a large bowl and mix. Whisk in the Coconut Milk and Vanilla Extract until the sugar starts to dissolve. Sift in the flour, followed by Baking powder and fold the mixture gently..
- Separate half the mixture into another bowl and in each batter, add crushed Oreo cookies and the other chopped Dark Chocolate/Dark Choc Chip. Place both bowls in the fridge to chill for 30minutes while pre-heating the oven at 180C..
- Using a teaspoon, scoop a spoonful of dough and form into a ball before adding onto a large flat baking tray. Make sure each dough ball is social distancing from one another at 2 inches and bake for 12-15minutes. Once they’re baked, leave the cookies to cool for further 15minutes..
If you have a dairy allergy, keep The ingredients listed on the Oreos packaging are: unbleached enriched flour, sugar, palm and/or canola oil, cocoa, high fructose corn syrup, leavening. Vegan chocolate cookies, the best vegan cookies in the whole world. Today I want to share the best vegan cookies recipe ever with you guys. I'm so proud of this recipe and after several tries, I've found the perfect chocolate cookies. Endangered Orangutans are burnt alive and palm oil production is extremely destructive to the environmen.