Vegan or Vegetarian Phad Thai.
You can cook Vegan or Vegetarian Phad Thai using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan or Vegetarian Phad Thai
- You need 1 Package of brown rice phad thai noodles.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow pepper.
- You need 1 of onion (I use red onion, sweeter).
- It’s 1 of zucchini.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten (I remit egg, taste and texture still good).
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil (I used olive).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of nuts (I use peanuts which I roasted).
- You need 3/4 cup of cilantro, basil and green onion.
- It’s of for the sauce:.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of fish sauce (I use a premade fish substitute).
- You need 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of white vinegar (I haved used coconut vinegar too).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Braggs Liquid Aminos.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chili paste.
Vegan or Vegetarian Phad Thai step by step
- Place noodles in a bowl of cold water and soak per directions on package. I use this brand. You can find at your local Asian Market..
- Spiralize the vegetables into noodle shapes. If the carrots are too small just cut them into small pieces or use cheese grater..
- Put the sauce ingredients in a jar and shake well. I use a mason jar..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium high heat. Place vegetables in pan and stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes. You will want the vegetables crisp and tender. Do not overcook. Once cooked place in bowl and set aside..
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Drain the noodles completely and place noodles in pan and toss with tongs for a couple minutes. Then add your sauce to the noodles and tossed again for another 2 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken and stick to the noodles. PLEASE READ STEP 6 AND 7 BEFORE REMOVING NOODLES FROM STOVETOP. (This pic w/egg already added).
- IF NOT ADDING EGG: Toss in your vegetables you cook earlier. Using your tongs mix together then remove from heat. Stir in the peanuts and herbs and serve immediately. (Pic w/out egg).
- IF ADDING EGG: push the noodles to one side of the pan. Pour the beaten egg mixture into the pan and let sit for about 30 seconds. Then combine eggs in with the noodles, toss with tongs a couple minutes until everything sticks together. Then add the cooked vegetables you set aside earlier, toss with tongs for a couple more minutes and remove from heat. Stir in the peanuts and herbs and serve immediately. (Pic w/egg).