Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies. Vegan chocolate chip cookies that taste like regular chocolate chip cookies. This is my tried-and-true best vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe that both vegans AND meat eaters love. Learn how to make PERFECT chocolate chip cookies that just so happen to be vegan.
Fold in the chocolate chunks evenly. To make these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies simply mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then directly add in the wet ingredients. Scoop the dough out onto a lined baking pan and flatten them. You can have Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies
- Prepare 120 g of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 75 g of Dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 75 g of Light brown sugar.
- Prepare 250 g of Unsalted vegan butter (Room temperature).
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 300 g of Plain (All-purpose) flour.
- It’s 150 g of Vegan dark chocolate chunks (or chips if you prefer)50.
- Prepare 50 g of Chopped hazelnuts.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Almond milk (or milk of your choice).
Are you dairy-free, vegan, or paleo and love your chocolate? Easily make your own chocolate chips sans refined sugar and dairy! I am writing this from my grandparent's couch. Vegan chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy, slightly-crunchy, sweet and satisfying.
Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies instructions
- Line a baking tray and set aside..
- In a bowl, briefly mix together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder). Set this aside..
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl add butter, sugars and vanilla and mix until fully combined..
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the butter mixture (1/3 of the mix at a time) and mix until just incorporated. At this point your dough will be a little crumbly, do not worry, it will come together in the next step!.
- Add in milk 1/2 a tablespoon at a time (so it doesn't make the dough too runny) and mix until your dough is at cookie dough texture..
- Fold in chocolate chunks (or chips) and chopped hazelnuts until evenly dispersed in the mixture..
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop your dough into balls and place on the baking tray. Don't worry about spreading them out, they aren't going in the oven yet..
- Place tray in the fridge for 30 minutes – 1 hour to allow the dough to hydrate..
- Before removing the dough from the fridge, preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line 2 more baking trays..
- When dough has chilled in the fridge, transfer dough balls to the trays and leave enough room in between each one to allow room for spreading..
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown, when removed from the oven the cookies will be soft and look under-baked so do not remove tray or touch..
- Let cookies cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking tray and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, if you wish..
These vegan chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy with just enough 'crunch' to be satisfying as you. These Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are extra soft, thick, chewy and studded with gooey chocolate morsels! These chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are reminiscent of the old favorite. Luckily, chocolate chips aren't one of them. While many have dairy (particularly semi-sweet chocolate chips), there are many non-dairy, vegan chocolate chip brands for you to enjoy still.