Beef rendang. Beef Rendang has incredible depth of flavour, with complexity and many layers of spices. This Beef Rendang recipe is from a payroll lady at a company I used to work for. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. Beef rendang is one of the original cuisines of Minangkabau descent and Sumatra's culture. It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons. You can have Beef rendang using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef rendang
- Prepare of Ingredients (A).
- Prepare 1 kg of beef.
- Prepare 600 ml of coconut cream.
- It’s 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need of Ingredients (B)- to blend.
- It’s 4 of candlenuts.
- You need 12 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 300 g of red chili.
- It’s 250 g of onions,.
- You need 50 g of ginger.
- You need 50 g of galangal.
- It’s 50 g of turmeric.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 g) of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 of green cardamoms.
- You need 11/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 10 of cloves.
- You need of Ingredients (C)- Seasonings and Spices.
- You need 4 stalks of bashed lemongrass.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 1 piece of asam keping.
- You need 2 of turmeric leaves, tied up.
Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising. This authentic recipe for beef rendang turns out a tender Southeast Asian dish that is full of flavor. I was about eleven years old, sitting in a Malaysian.
Beef rendang instructions
- Cut the beef into 4 cm squares, half cm thick. Do not cut the beef too small as the meat can break into smaller pieces during cooking..
- Blend all the ingredients in (B), set the blend aside..
- Remove the green section and the outer sheath of the lemongrass. Use only the white portion. Bash them so that the lemongrass to ensure the release of the flavor..
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok. Saute the spice paste (B) over low heat until aromatic..
- Add the coconut milk and lemongrass into the wok..
- Add the beef and cook over medium heat. Bring the coconut milk to a boil..
- Once it is boiled, continue simmer over low heat. Add water from time to time when the stew is about to dry..
- Cook until the beef absorbs the flavor of the spices thoroughly and the color turns to dark brown. It will take about three hours, Served with rice or bread enjoy..
Is Beef Rendang also a Malaysian recipe? As much as the Indonesians hate it, beef rendang has long been adopted and considered a local dish by the Malays in Singapore and Malaysia. Kaffir lime leaves are a lovely aromatic accent to all kinds of dishes—you'll see them used often in Thai or Malaysian cuisine. SAVEUR editor-in-chief James Oseland shares a trick for how to chiffonade. Sauté beef: Coat beef evenly with pounded chilies, coriander powder, fennel seeds, and cumin Add beef to the pot.