Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti. Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs is the best ultimate vegan comfort food! Plus, this recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight and is a family favorite! It's easily customizable and comes together quick enough for a busy weeknight meal!
Serve the meatballs and sauce on spaghetti. Hearty vegan lentil bolognese is a comforting and wholesome dinner. Serve it over spaghetti squash boats or your favorite pasta. You can have Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti
- Prepare 3 of medium zucchini squash peeled and chopped.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 1 cup of sprouted lentils cooked/drained according to package.
- You need of I medium fresh tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce (your favorite).
- You need 2 tbs of chopped garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Italian seasoning dried.
- It’s to taste of Salt/pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Dried Red chili pepper.
- It’s of I pkg spaghetti noodles cooked, drained, tossed in 1 tbs olive oil.
This plant based recipe is easy to make naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free but doesn't skimp on flavor. This lentil bolognese is chock full of all those irresistible Italian. Lemon Focaccia with Rosemary and RadishesReceitas Da Felicidade! A hearty ground beef and tomato pasta sauce is mixed with spaghetti, and topped with an Italian sausage and melted Parmesan cheese.
Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti step by step
- Olive oil in oversized deep skillet or Dutch oven pot on medium heat. Add all veggies above and garlic. Sauté for about 8-10 min on medium heat..
- I personally cook my noodles at the same time so they are piping hot. I like to add a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to water. (Like 1 tbs to water as it’s coming to boil)..
- After veggies are sautéed until slightly tender, add your favorite jar sauce. Add cooked lentils. Simmer 8-10 min on low heat. TIP: I keep lentils whole but you can crush/mash them if you want more of a ground beef or meat texture to the sauce. Add seasonings mentioned at this step!.
- Sometimes I also cook the lentils directly in the sauce for 6-8 minutes. If you choose that option just put 1/2 cup of water or red wine in sauce to simmer lentils if your sauce is too thick. The easy method is to cook in advance and just add to sauce above as mentioned. :-).
- Final step is to serve the sauce over your hot pasta! TIP: You can add crushed cashews tossed in olive oil and garlic salt w/ Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast for garnish for the Parmesan cheese yummy effect! I mix the ingredients together in food processor! Depending on how hard core your vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!.
One of the best spaghetti sauces I've found yet. Hearty flavorful yet not an overpowering tomato base. In Italy it can be 'Meatless Monday' all week long. Are you familiar with these Italian vegetarian recipes? Italy experienced opulence only after the industrial revolution.