Yakitori in a Frying Pan (How to Prepare Tender Chicken).
You can cook Yakitori in a Frying Pan (How to Prepare Tender Chicken) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yakitori in a Frying Pan (How to Prepare Tender Chicken)
- Prepare 1 piece of Chicken thigh.
- Prepare 1 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 8 of Shishito peppers (or green peppers).
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons Sake.
- It’s 1 of Ginger (grated).
- You need 2 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Yakitori sauce.
- You need 1 of Shichimi spice.
Yakitori in a Frying Pan (How to Prepare Tender Chicken) step by step
- Trim off the excess fat and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Rub the sake into the chicken. Add some ginger to give a good flavour, if you want..
- We will be sautéing the Japanese leeks and the shishito peppers using the same frying pan as the chicken (I used 2 thin green peppers in this photo). Cut the Japanese leek into 4-cm lengths. Cut the green peppers lengthways into 4-6 pieces..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and put in the chicken pieces with the skin sides down. Cover with a lid and continue to cook..
- Once the skins are golden brown, turn over. Sauté the other sides without covering with a lid. Remove the excess fat in the frying pan with paper towel..
- Take out the chicken and sauté the green peppers and Japanese leek. Remove them once they are cooked..
- Pour over plenty of yakitori sauce. If you cook them with the sauce, the sauce may burn. Sprinkle with shichimi spice to your liking..
- When you have time, make this yakitori sauce in batches. The flavour deepens with age and keeps well. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147040-sweet-savory-yakitori-and-teriyaki-sauce.
- [Related recipe] Fluffy tsukune dango https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147041-tender-fluffy-tsukune-meatball.