Cuban Mojo Pork Roast.
You can cook Cuban Mojo Pork Roast using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cuban Mojo Pork Roast
- Prepare of Marinade.
- It’s 3/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 cup of coriander.
- It’s 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mint leaves.
- You need 8 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Pork.
- You need 2 kg of pork shoulder skinless and boneless.
- It’s of Mojo.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Decoration.
- You need 1 of fresh orange.
- Prepare of fresh coriander leaves.
Cuban Mojo Pork Roast instructions
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until all the herbs and garlic are finely chopped or minced. Or alternatively, you may finely chop or mince the garlic and herbs then mix all ingredients together in a bowl..
- Next place in a large ziplock bag with the pork shoulder or in a large bowl covered with clingfilm. And place in the fridge overnight..
- Remove the pork from the Marinade and bring to room temperature prior to cooking. Reserve the Marinade to use at a later stage..
- Next preheat the oven to 170C/325F..
- Place the pork on a rack in a roasting dish or on a couple of sliced onions (I used 2 large white onions). The pork has to be elevated. Cover with a lid or foil, slightly tented so it's not pressed against the pork tightly..
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 2 hrs 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes to brown the top of the pork..
- Remove from the oven and place on a large plate, loosely covered with the foil. Rest for a further 20 minutes before serving..
- Now to make the Mojo place the reserved Marinade, Mojo Sauce ingredients and 2 tbsp of the roasting pan drippings into a small saucepan..
- Bring to boil and add salt and pepper to taste. You might also want to add more lime juice or even a pinch of sugar..
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 1 to a 1 1/2 minute, then remove from the stove and set aside..
- Slice the oranges and then add to a frying pan, lightly fry the slices over a low heat until they are lightly caramelised..
- Decorated with pan fried fresh slices of oranges and extra coriander leaves..
- Serve with the Mojo. And enjoy.
- Save the leftovers to make Cuban Pork Sandwiches. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/352613-cuban-pork-sandwich.