Nasi Goreng chicken with buttered beans. A fried rice dish from Indonesia with eggs, chicken, coriander and plenty of spicy Asian flavours. Nasi dagang (Jawi: ناسي داڬڠ, "Trader's Rice") is a Malaysian dish consisting of rice steamed in coconut milk, fish curry and extra ingredients such as pickled cucumber and carrots. Nasi goreng – Indonesian fried rice.
The flavour is authentically Indonesian, the method not, but I think you'll love it nonetheless. Make this spicy rice dish with chicken breasts and prawns by the Hairy Bikers for a satisfying supper for two. Add the beans and spring onions and fry for another minute, keeping everything moving. You can have Nasi Goreng chicken with buttered beans using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nasi Goreng chicken with buttered beans
- You need 1 pack of chicken breast mini fillets.
- It’s 1 pack of green beans.
- You need 1 of nasi goreng meal kit or sauce.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 mug of rice, if none is included in the nasi goreng kit.
- It’s 1 of red chili.
- You need to taste of sweet chili sauce.
Add the cooked rice and stir until it's all been incorporated – you can add a few tablespoons of water at this. Full recipe for indonesia style nasi goreng and recipe for accompanying acar pickles, taken from Eleanor Ford's latest cookbook: Fire Islands How to make Indonesia's national dish, nasi goreng. As chef Eleanor Ford writes in her cookbook, Fire Islands: "Rice is treasured, never wasted or taken for. Nasi Goreng is an indonesian style fried rice that you normally have for breakfast!
Nasi Goreng chicken with buttered beans instructions
- Boil the rice according to pack instructions, if no pre-cooked rice is included..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and chicken, and fry in a little oil until the chicken is golden and the onion soft..
- Add the nasi goreng sauce to the chicken, along with a sliced chili, and cook for a few mins..
- When the rice is cooked, drain and add to the chicken and stir-fry. Either whisk and add the eggs to the rice, while stir-frying, or fry the eggs separately and serve on top of the rice..
- Steam the beans, and when tender, reason with some salt, pepper and a knob of butter. Serve alongside the rice, with some sweet chili sauce..
Yes indeed, fried rice with Egg for breakfast… We on the other hand prefer to have Nasi Goreng as a main meal and so we have it with Prawns or Chicken (but still include the egg!). Nasi goreng (fried rice) is a staple dish of Indonesia that you can find just about anywhere. Learn how to make it yourself in Indonesian and English! No matter where you are in Indonesia, chances are you're not far away from a tasty plate of nasi goreng (fried rice). Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian Fried Rice loaded with chicken and sweet, spicy, and savory flavors you'll love.