Game meat, butter bean and lentil cassoulet. Cassoulet – A Classic French Pork and Bean Stew. Pork and beans never had it so good. This Spanish riff on French cassoulet pairs large, meaty beans with fresh sausages under a breadcrumb crust. sausage and lentil cassoulet
This recipe is real European fusion cuisine – the cassoulet idea from France, with the parmesan and wine sauce from Italy, and the crispy smoked. The bean guide: What's the best way to cook all those different beans and lentils? Pulses include chickpeas, lentils, lupins and dried beans such as kidney beans, black beans and butter beans. You can cook Game meat, butter bean and lentil cassoulet using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Game meat, butter bean and lentil cassoulet
- Prepare 500 g of mixed game meat (rabbit, pheasant etc.).
- You need 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 6 springs of thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 300 ml of passata.
- You need 1 can of butter beans.
- You need 1 can of green lentils.
- You need 1/2 glass of red wine.
- It’s 100 ml of chicken or beef stock.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of basil.
Use them in dried board bean and cashew dip or this lamb and bean cassoulet. Bring to a simmer and cook over moderate Hearty and earthy, this vegetarian cassoulet will pair well with the same sort of wine as a traditional cassoulet—a substantial red from France's Rhône Valley. Cassoulet, a hearty slow-simmered stew of sausage, confit (typically duck), pork, and white beans, is one of the great hallmarks of French country cuisine. Tasty main dish or hearty side dish, it's your choice.
Game meat, butter bean and lentil cassoulet step by step
- Chop the peppers, carrots, onions, garlic and chilli.
- Cut the game meat into chunks and brown the meat in casserole dish. Season with pepper..
- Add the chopped vegetables and soften..
- After a couple minutes add the wine and boil of the alcohol. Then add the stock, tomatoes, passata, mixed herbs, bay leaf and thyme leaves.
- Now turn down the heat and cook for at least 2hrs until the meat is falling apart. Add the beans and lentils and stir for another 15mins.
- Remove the bay leaf and stir in the basil..
- Season, serve and enjoy 😊.
Brown lamb and pork in butter. remove and reserve. Cassoulet is a rich, slow-cooked casserole originating in the south of France, containing meat (typically pork sausages, goose, duck and sometimes mutton), pork skin and white haricot beans. Learn how to make Cassoulet by following this easy recipe. Even on chilly fall and winter nights, this white bean cassoulet with pork and lentils will warm you right up. Thirty-five minutes before serving, discard thyme, then gently stir in lentils.