Cozido à Portuguesa (Mixed Meat Stew).
You can cook Cozido à Portuguesa (Mixed Meat Stew) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cozido à Portuguesa (Mixed Meat Stew)
- Prepare 100 grams of Black pudding.
- Prepare 150 grams of Chorizo.
- Prepare 400 grams of Chicken pieces.
- You need 800 grams of Any pork meat pieces..
- You need 1 liter of water.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 500 grams of cabbage.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- You need 100 grams of green beans.
- It’s 400 grams of Tinned chick peas.
- Prepare of A small amount of beef meat can also be added..
Cozido à Portuguesa (Mixed Meat Stew) step by step
- Salt the meat a few hours before cooking.
- Place all the meat pieces, including the chorizo and black pudding in a pressure cooker with the water. And pressure cook for about 40 minutes..
- [[ You can cook it in a normal pan but it'll take closer to 1 hour and 40 minutes to cook ]].
- In the mean time prepare the rest of the ingredients to go in later..
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the storks and wash in cold water..
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut in half. Lastly prepare the green beans..
- Once you able to open the pressure cooker, remove the meat and transfer the cooked water into another large pan and cook on high..
- Transfer the meat back to the pressure cooker and seal to keep it warm..
- Add the cabbage to the boiling water. You will not be able to stir this whilst its cooking..
- Then add the potatoes, beans and carrots..
- Lastly add the can of chick peas including it's water..
- Cook on high for 30-40 minutes..
- Add boiling water from the kettle if it starts to dry but do not stir..
- Once cooked serve along the meat platter..