Turnip & maple potage (vegan). Перевод слова turnip, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция Russian turnip — брюква. – блюдо из репы – сл. большие старинные серебряные карманные часы, «луковица». The turnip or white turnip (Brassica rapa subsp. rapa) is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, fleshy taproot. A vegetable of very limited intelligence. turnip. a person in a permanent or persistent vegetative state or coma.
Turnip root is a low-calorie vegetable rich in nutrients, antioxidants Turnip greens are rich in other free radical-scavenging antioxidants too, such as vitamin A, lutein, zeaxanthin. From turnepe, probably from turn + Middle English nepe, from Old English nǣp, from Latin nāpus. The component turn may be due to the round shape of the plant as though turned on a lathe, or because it must be turned and twisted to be harvested. You can have Turnip & maple potage (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turnip & maple potage (vegan)
- It’s 6 cups of turnip, peeled and cut in small cubes.
- Prepare 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- Prepare 2 liter of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of avocado oil or any neutral vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dry sage.
- It’s to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk (I've used almond).
E. næp, from L. napus turnip. The modern form of the word emerged late. The glycemic load of cooked turnips is Turnips are an excellent source of vitamin C. One of the many benefits of this vitamin is that it is necessary for.
Turnip & maple potage (vegan) step by step
- In an extra large pot, heat up the oil at medium high heat..
- Add the minced shallots and cook for two minutes or so, stirring frequently, making sure it doesn't get brown. Lower heat if necessary..
- Add the turnip cubes and cook for two minutes or so, as above..
- Add the water and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat, add the maple syrup, the sage, fresh ground black pepper and stirr well..
- Cover and let simer for one hour..
- Put aside (or outside 😜) and let cool down..
- Once it's cooler, use a hand mixer, blender or food processor to make purée..
- Add the nut milk and mix well. You may add more or less milk to get consistency desired. (I personnaly prefer thick potage).
- Taste and adjust seasonning if needed..
- If not freezing some, put back in pot and reheat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
Examples of turnip in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web Jack's crude lantern gave way to a turnip carving tradition in Ireland, which morphed into pumpkin carving after immigrants brought the. A widely cultivated Eurasian plant of the mustard family, having a large rounded edible. Turnip, hardy biennial plant in the mustard family, cultivated for its fleshy roots and tender growing tops. Turnip definition: A turnip is a round vegetable with a greenish-white skin that is the root of a crop.