Mandys chicken flautas. How Do I Serve Chicken Flautas? With flautas, the two things that vary by region are the filling and the toppings. Before we get started it's worth mentioning that Flautas sometimes moonlight as Taquitos, and vice versa.
The addition of cheese inside makes them very tasty! I serve these with crema (or sour creme) and homemade salsa. Be the first to write a review! You can have Mandys chicken flautas using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mandys chicken flautas
- It’s 5 of cooked chicken breast shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each of ground cumin, onion powder, dried oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh coriandor (cilantro) chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chopped garlic clove.
- You need 2 cup of shop bought salsa.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheese (use ur favourite).
- Prepare 2 packages (6 inch) of flour tortillas wraps.
- It’s of Enough oil for deep frying.
- It’s 1 squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Add chicken and salsa; stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, cheese Season with salt, to taste. To serve, arrange flautas on a platter of shredded lettuce and. Fried chicken flautas made with flour tortilla and fresh ingredients.
Mandys chicken flautas step by step
- Saute onion and garlic, add shredded chicken herbs seasoning salsa lime juice and cheese. Mix well and allow to cool slightly..
- In a large pot or wok heat oil to 350℉/180°C..
- Take a wrap add a small amount of chicken mixture and roll the wrap and secure with a toothpick. Add 2-3 at a time to oil and fry until golden, remove and drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while u cook the rest. (remove toothpicks) When all flautas are done serve immediately. Enjoy.
This chicken flautas recipe makes a great basic recipe. You can easily throw in more spices, herbs and cheeses to suit your taste. An easy Mexican Chicken Flautas recipe wrapped in corn tortillas and fried on a griddle. This is my version of my mom's flautas. Pair them with a homemade tomatillo-avocado salsa for an instant classic!